The Laboratory Operations Department is seeking a Manager to assist in the center-wide management of SKI laboratories, facilities and services (SKI includes MH research laboratores and facilities). The Manager will interact daily with professional and managerial staff to resolve issues pertaining to research laboratories to include: architects and engineers regarding the planning implementation of lab construction and renovation projects; sales and service personnel regarding the purchase and maintenance of laboratory equipment; and with the Directors of Facilities Management/Safety/Security.
- Provide operational and administrative support to 134 SKI and MH laboratories and 34 Core Facilities in several research buildings.
- Manage and direct needed SKI laboratory projects: laboratory upgrades, modifications and renovations.
- Manage and direct SKI office suite renovations and upgrades.
- Submit work orders directly in InforEAM system for SKI laboratory maintenance and facility improvements.
- Approve/reject service request to insure that resources are properly allocated.
- Arrange for archive storage and retrieval of lab notebooks.
- For SKI recruitment candidates: provide overviews of the Center resources, research buildings, organizational structures and the kind of support they may expect from Laboratory Operations.
- Provide tours for various multiple department requests and Development for potential donors.
- Work closely with major supply vendors to provide seamless support (ex. Tech-air, Thermo-Fisher, ENV services, Siemens, etc.) and develop new outside sources as needed
- Ensure that laboratories are in compliance with regulatory agencies having jurisdiction such as DEA, NYFD, DOH, JCAHO, NRC, as well as MSKCC Environmental Health and Safety and Radiation Safety Departments.
- Maintain accurate space data information and provide quarterly updates to same for space planning and occupancy reports.
- Analyze field service reports from instrument service vendors in order to identify negative trends. Investigate, test, publicize and implement new cost effective methods and equipment.
- Meet with incoming investigators in order to provide guidance in the design and planning of efficient lab space layouts. Develop and integrate plan in order to have laboratory ready for their arrival. Provide relocation and laboratory set up services for same.
- Provide 24/7 emergency coverage for all SKI , MH research laboratories along with three other management staff members.
The qualified candidate will have 10 years Management experience (facilities/ project management highly preferred), a Bachelor's degree preferred. Applicant must have strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to work as a team member in a customer service focused environment.
MSKCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.