Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand’s Climate Solutions sector delivers energy-efficient HVACR solutions for customers globally. Its world class brands include Thermo King, the leader in transport temperature control and Trane, provider of energy efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, building and contracting services, parts support and advanced controls for homes and commercial buildings.
Has received sufficient training and demonstrated exceptional work experience as a Journeyman HVAC Service Technician. Able to perform all work in the service and maintenance field on all major types of equipment. Responsible for retrofit and repair of environmental-comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. Typically requires an Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and seven (7) years related experience; or ten (10) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
• Responsible for servicing all products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Uses a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
• Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs systems and products at customer’s location.
• Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as need or requested by customers.
• Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
• Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies
• Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and complete repairs and maintenance service
• Maintains equipment by inspecting for signs of ware. Notifies customer and/or Project Manager of findings.
• Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files
• Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
• Provides re-training and follow-up training at customer site.
• Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need
• Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
• Records parts, material, labor, subs and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
• Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License, EPA Certification, License Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. On occasion lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud