Functions as district sales leader for business sold through the indirect revenue stream. Responsible for developing and maintaining long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with contractor and consulting engineer/architect accounts; leading team of account managers.
• Overall responsibility for the following functions: customer and district sales management, new customer acquisition, customer satisfaction measurement, price management, marketing, maximizing account penetration, market penetration, customer retention, hiring and on-boarding of new sales associates, continued assessment of skills and administering necessary training, setting quotas, accurate sales forecasting and consistent use of Trane sales tools and systems.
• Responsible for achieving annual objectives regarding profit, volume, margins, business mix, and share.
• Monitor, measure, and modify process and process measurements to effectively and efficiently meet customer needs.
• Responsible for determining ancillary product needs and managing those product relationships that complement Trane core products.
• Responsible for promoting controls sales including coordination/teaming with Controls Account Managers and Contracting and Controls Fulfillment Leader.
• Responsible for promoting all Trane Systems linkage Programs: including In-Warranty-Service Agreements and when appropriate, BAS to Service.
• Required to work with Account Managers and Account Team Leaders to establish required skill sets, talents, and capabilities.
• Assembles high performance teams and interacts with Account Managers with differing business development requirements, customer focus, experience, sales cycles, and product portfolios.
• Required to interact with the Equipment Fulfillment Manager to ensure smooth hand-off of projects to the Project Fulfillment processes.
• Utilizing established Talent Development process, conducts performance appraisals in concert with Account Team Leaders to identify developmental needs, validate performance versus goals and objectives, recommend promotions, training, and disciplinary actions.
• Establishes sales compensation plans within company guidelines.
Percentage of Travel: 10%
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5
Education Standard: Bachelor's degree
Education Type: Engineering or Business
Manages ongoing performance by monitoring and coaching Account Managers’ effectiveness and efficiency in relation to project attainments, customer service, customer relationship development, and business profitability.
• Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, communicating with customers and sales team as needed.
• Responsible for internal communications flow to Account Managers and Account Team Leaders.
• Leads the development and the execution of the sales business plan.
• Responsible for modeling and reinforcing the business’ vision, mission, business values and people values.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the sales process. Directly supervises sales personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and mentoring employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related degree from four-year college or university; and five (5) years related experience in a sales leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.