Roles and Responsibilities
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Support NPI production activities and ensure kitting and parts accuracy for build.
- Determine and manage potential line shortages, manage work order shortage reports.
- Drive cycle count reconciliation and root cause analysis for any identified discrepancies.
- Schedule sales order shipments based on material availability and capacity for internal customers.
- Develop and sustain communication with Production, Engineering, NPI and Production Purchasing, Shipping, Field Service and Customer Service to manage supply and demand for all build phases and transfer into Production.
- Manage NPI Mfg. implementation for related ECO's.
- Act as a liaison to integrate new product into existing manufacturing processes
- Identify and resolve NPI work order variances, and determine/track root cause. Work with Cost Accounting for month/ quarter end close
- Monitor and adjust planning parameters in SAP
- Facilitate training for Manufacturing, related to NPI project being released to Production
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, 4 year degree in business or production or equivalent experience
- High level of agility and flexibility. Able to gracefully accommodate rapid change
- Experience in planning and assisting in physical inventories
- Coach and mentor NPI manufacturing personnel when applicable
- Knowledge of GMP’s and previous work experience in a medical device manufacturing environment is a requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- Computer literate and working knowledge of SAP MM Module required. Demonstrated knowledge of, (or understanding of) Manufacturing Module and work order management preferred. AGILE knowledge a plus.
- Experience with new product introduction preferred.