WellStar Health System is a not-for-profit system, recognized as a national leader in comprehensive care. Staying ahead of the curve in technology has enabled WellStar to be leaders in both the diagnosis and treatment of an extensive array of health conditions. Serving a population of more than one million residents of NW metropolitan Atlanta, WellStar consistently looks at total patient wellness and works to ensure that all systems support that focus.
Specialists and primary care providers work in a multi-disciplinary environment with more than 12,000 diverse team members throughout our five hospitals and physician offices. By working through a patient-centered model of care, WellStar places enormous value on quality and safety with many accolades to support our work.
We know that healthy patients come from healthy neighborhoods, and finding ways to deliver better care in metro Atlanta is a big part of who we are. At WellStar, we believe in life well-lived and improving the health and well-being of the individuals and communities that we serve.
With industry awards ranging from Integrated Delivery Networks to Working Mother Magazine’s Best Places to Work, WellStar strives to provide the best care possible with Atlanta’s top medical professionals.
We are hiring top medical professionals like you to join our dynamic, rapidly growing organization!
Click link to see a recent article in FoxAtlanta.com, WellStar Health System ranked high for working mothers
The Manager of Radiation Oncology is a radiation therapist who is responsible for the clinical and administrative management of the Radiation Oncology Department. Duties include:
- Oversee all aspects of radiation oncology and assists with providing world class service to the patients
- Demonstrate managerial skill to support the team to achieve its short term and long term goals
- Provide updates to leadership on utilization of services and assists in planning for upcoming needs including enhancement to existing technology as needed
- Provide leadership in executing plans for current fiscal year and develops financial plans for upcoming year
- Supports WellStar in achieving its mission and goals, fosters communication and collaborative practice with physicians, other WellStar leaders and serves as a positive role model to promote the professional image of radiation oncology services
Required Minimum Education: Registered by the ARRT as a Radiation Therapist. B.S. degree required.
Required Minimum Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as a clinical supervisor in a Radiation Oncology department that has an average of 50-60 patients per day.
Required Minimum Skills: Extensive experience in personnel management and related courses. Self directed and able to organize and complete several tasks / projects simultaneously. Extensive understanding of oncology patient care. Proficient in review, analysis and maintenance of medical records and other patient care information. Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate in a culturally diverse environment. Strong customer service skills, inter and intra departmental coordination of patient care activities and strong detail orientation.