The Mgr - Business Processes is a lean sensei responsible for developing a culture of continuous improvement at the Milpitas, CA site of BAE Systems. The successful candidate will work with the Quality organization and general management to develop an effective continuous improvement culture utilizing Lean and Six Sigma principles. The candidate must be capable of developing a long-term plan for site-wide continuous improvement, communicating the plan to all stakeholders, developing metrics to gauge progress, and ensuring resources are available for execution. The position requires lean expertise and the ability to teach, mentor, and lead transformative change in a brownfield organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and a demonstrated track record of leading such transformations and will have close ties to the origins of lean or have extensive experience in exemplary lean business systems such as the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE).
- Effective communicator, motivator, and mentor
- Deep knowledge and experience in applying lean tools including Value Stream Mapping, Rapid Improvement Events or Kaizen blitzes, A3 analysis, and Hoshin Kanri
- Thorough understanding of statistical analysis methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Visio & Project
- AME/SME/Shingo Lean Certification
- Blackbelt or Master Blackbelt