To oversee the General Ledger function of the Childrens Financial Services department by:
- Reviewing financial information
- Coordinating the financial audits and Utilizing staff to obtain the objectives.
Position contributes to successful achievement of objectives by providing accurate and timely financial information to internal and external users so that the users can make sound business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
MONTH END CLOSE:
- Supervise completion of monthly, quarterly and year end financial closes for Childrens and affiliates, including intercompany entries, to verify that financial books are reasonable and materially correct in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate quarterly financial reviews as well as interim and year-end field work by external auditors to ensure accurate and timely publication of consolidated financial statements for bondholders, donors and others.
- Review financial statements; prepare MD&A and footnotes for audited financials.
- Administer PEACs to staff. Assign work to staff in accordance with needs of department and skill level of the individuals involved. Plan for future work and work needs. Help staff find the answers to questions and problems that occur within the scope of their job responsibilities.
- These tasks are part of the assurance of accurate and timely financial information being prepared and presented.
Maintain integrity of Lawson Chart of Accounts.
Update and write Lawson report writer reports.
Done so that financial statements are materially correct and so that analysis can be done easily on the financial records to assure accuracy and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Licenses & certifications
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) designation.
- Two to four years previous related experience, preferably in public accounting or healthcare.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Supervisory experience required for both professional and non-professional level employees.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Attention to Detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.