Marketing Business Partner Specialist
The position serves as a marketing consultant to different organizational business partners at Children's Medical Center to inform and engage targeted audiences and achieve business objectives. This position also develops strategic marketing solutions to business challenges. This will be accomplished through the development of comprehensive marketing plans, partnership and consultation with hospital business entities in business planning and implementation of strategic and tactical deliverables.
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Effectively lend marketing expertise while communicating organizational objectives, key messages and proper positioning to achieve business objectives. Must possess excellent project management skills, thought leadership and good verbal and written communication. Position will work closely with creative services and other marketing partners in the implementation of communication deliverables.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for business partner initiatives. Effective plans will include situation analysis, key objectives, messaging, strategies, target audiences, communication vehicles and methodology for measurement of marketing deliverables.
- Build and sustain strong, effective relationships with peers, business partner leadership and internal partners. Foster collaboration in order to gain the necessary depth and understanding required to deliver effective marketing consultation and communications. Must be able to discern appropriate requests from those that do not fit within scope of work or organizational strategy and objectives.
- Serve as the marketing representative to key areas in the hospital such as HR, the Foundation, Community Relations, Network Outreach, etc. as assigned. This position will act as marketing counselor, solutions provider and customer service representative to these key audiences.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of five years related experience such as marketing, communications, public relations, agency or related field.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience preferred
Specific Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Marketing Acumen - Understands healthcare industry, business objectives and marketing environment and tools.
- Adaptability - Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change.
- Resourcefulness - Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement.
- Dependability - Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Planning and Implementing - Plans and implements work according to appropriate timelines. Juggles priorities and manages multiple priorities within allotted timelines by prioritizing work appropriately. Adjusts actions, schedules, or timelines in relation to internal or external pressures and forces. Meets personal deadlines and follows up with others to ensure their deadlines are met satisfactorily.
- Communications - Expresses thoughts clearly, accurately, and precisely both verbally and in writing. Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups. Communicates in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention. Vividly communicates a compelling view of the future state in a way that helps others understand and feel how business outcomes will be different when the vision and values become a reality. Demonstrates good listening skills. Demonstrates a poised, credible and confident demeanor that reassures others, commands respect and conveys an image that is consistent with the organization's vision and values.
- Customer Focus - Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors and teams. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
- Relationship Building/Teamwork - Facilitates a positive and productive team oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relations with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners, interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Drive to Perform - Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Ethics - Supports and upholds the organization's standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.