This job is responsible for coordinating departmental communications, general requests or emergencies, via telephone, radio, intercom, and via the hospital public airway system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephones and operate radios and intercom system
- Monitor all security alarm systems to include: fire alarm, generator alarms, medical gas alarms, door alarms, and trauma pager.
- Maintain records of all service requests, emergency calls, and priority alarms.
- Monitor security camera locations on video monitors.
- Operate computer that controls entrance and exit access, door alarms, etc.
- Assist with vault lock ups as necessary.
- Assign parking passes to authorized individuals.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
High school diploma required; additional training beyond high school.
Licenses & certifications
Texas Department of Public Safety - Private Security Bureau - Basic non-commissioned Security Officer training and certification within 14 days of employment.
One to two years of previous related 911 dispatcher or communication experience is required; two to three years related experience.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact with peers, executives, patient families and other vendors in a manner that represents Children’s positively.
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of alertness while working.
- Must be able to observe and react rapidly to changeable operations.
- Must possess the ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects and to prioritize.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.